CAS number : 156-54-7
Chemical Formula: C4H7O2Na or CH3CH2CH2COONa
FInOrIC, etymologically derived from our business line of Fine Inorganic, Organic and Industrial Chemicals, is the internationally preferred source for Chemicals. With customers in 55 countries across 5 continents, we source and sell most chemicals. Backed by owned full fledged chemical manufacturing facilities in Midland & Houston Area Texas with associated manufacturing sites in India, Dubai, China and USA we are a truly multi-national chemical manufacturer & distributor. Fracturing and Fracking Industry can rely on our 24x7 - 365days service including week-end deliveries.
Formula: C4H7O2Na or CH3CH2CH2COONa
CAS Number: 156-54-7
Molar Mass: 110.08695 g
Percent Composition: C 43.640 % H 6.4090 % O 29.066 % Na 20.883 %
Appearance and properties: White or off-white and alike villus powder. Taste is slight sweet, with special cheese rancidity odor, with suction wet, alkalescence and stable for light and hot.
1. Sodium butyrate has hydrophilic and lipophilic properties. It can promote the growth of beneficial bacteria and inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in the
gastrointestinal tract. Sodium butyrate is an energy source of enterocyte, which can promote growth of intestinal mucosa. Villus of intestine increase 30%
2. Sodium butyrate is an energy source of cell differentiation, which can ensure the rapid repair of injured chorion and accelerate proliferation and maturation of gastrointestinal cells.
3. Improve animal immune status.
4. Increase the absorption area of small intestine, promote the absorption of calcium, and stimulate the secretion of digestive enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas.
5. Sodium butyrate is a good attractant which can significantly increase feed intake. Regulate intestinal micro-ecological balance.
6. Sodium butyrate can improve the health and growth performance of animals and increase economic benefits for farmers. It can significantly increase feed intake and reduce PH value of gastrointestinal tract. The effect is obvious that inhibits harmful bacteria and promotes the growth of animal.
|Solubility in Water||≤Slightly Turbid|
|Free Acid as CH3COOH||≤0.11%|
|Free Base as NA2CO3||≤0.16%|
|Loss on Drying||≤5%|
|Heavy metals as Pb||≤0.002%|
|Arsenic as As||≤0.0002%|
Application: Feed additive for porket, growing pig, layer, meat chicken, fish and other animals.
Usage and Dosage
The dosage is only for guidance to starters. The best dosage is the one that suits the environment.
1. For pigs kg per ton of complete feed.
Growing pigs: 0.25-0.5
Finishing pigs: 0.25-0.5
2. For poultry kg per ton of complete feed
Broilers (1-21d): 0.15-0.5
Broilers (22-40d): 0.10-0.30
Broilers (41- time of slaughter) Laying hens: 0.15-0.30
Broiler breeders: 0.25-0.40
Broiler breeders: 0.3-0.6
3. Others kg per ton of complete feed
Sodium Butyrate USP Grade Specifications
Butyric acid, sodium salt.
[CAS Number 156-54-7].
Sodium Butyrate contains not less than 98.0 percent and not more than 101.0 percent of C4H7NaO2, calculated on the anhydrous basis.
A: Infrared Absorption on the undried specimen.
B: A solution (1 in 10) meets the requirements of the tests for Sodium..
Alkalinity: Dissolve 2.0 g in 20 mL of water, and add 1 drop of PhPh TS: if a pink color is produced, it is discharged by 0.50 mL of 0.10 N sulfuric acid.
Water: not more than 1.0%.
Heavy metals: 0.001%.
Most of our partners facilities of MANUFACTURE BULK DRUGS/API, EXCIPIENTS, PHARMACEUTICALS (IP/BP/USP/NF/PH. EUR./JP), SPECIALITY CHEMICALS (PURE/AR/ACS), MINERAL FORTIFIERS (FCC). OUR MANUFACTURING FACILITY IS GLP, GMP (FDA) APPROVED, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, FSSAI, KOSHER, HALAL, COPP AND WHO-GMP CERTIFIED.Good Manufacturing Practice Certified by World Health Organization (WHO-GMP)